No purchase required. Contest begins on February 22, 2021 at 9 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ends on March 24, 2021 at 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. There is a total of one (1) prize available to the winner in the amount of Ten Thousand dollars ($10,000 CAD). Skill-testing question required. Open to legal residents of the Province of Ontario, who are age of majority in the Province of Ontario at time of entry. Limit one entry per person.
Official Contest Rules
- Sponsor. The Ontario Healthcare Hero Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Spark Healthcare Inc., 10 Florence Street, Ottawa, Ontario K2P 0W7 (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of the Province of Ontario, who have worked or volunteered in healthcare in Ontario during the global coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic who have reached the age of majority in their Province of Ontario at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins February 22, 2021 at 9 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ends on March 24, 2021 at 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. (“Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- How to Enter. You can enter by completing and submitting a contest entry form. Limit one entry per person. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose.
- Contest Prizes. There is a total of one (1) prize available to the winner in the amount of Ten Thousand dollars ($10,000 CAD). The winner assumes any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use of the prize. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
- Skill-Testing Question. The winner will be required, as a condition of winning the prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question.
- Winner Selection and Confirmation. On April 01, 2021 at 10 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“Winner Announcement Date”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will announce the potential winner from the eligible entries received before Contest End Date (Selected Entrant). The Selected Entrant will be deemed the winner of the Contest if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If the Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she/they will be disqualified and will not receive the prize and another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared the winner, the Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; and (ii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
- Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their healthcare hero coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic story, and their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments, and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
- Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in the City of Barrie, Ontario.
- Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.