Empowering Young Minds in a Safe and Supportive Environment
Youth on the Go! is an 8-week in-person social club program designed to provide youths with an opportunity to explore new friendships and develop their social skills in a safe and supportive environment with planned activities around the Ottawa area.
This is an inclusive program open to all high-functioning, independent and verbal youths (ages 12-15 years old), whether they are living with Autism Spectrum Disorder, have other support needs, or are in need of an enjoyable social experience.
Engage in a lot of fun activities,
some of which include:
e.g. Bingo, cards, board games, checkers
e.g. Bowling, trampolining
e.g. Building birdhouses, crafting mugs
Throughout the program, participants will experience a wide range of benefits:
Nurturing a welcoming and accepting space to help foster a sense of belonging for all participants
Accessing a supportive network from our team of care professionals to a community of like-minded youths
Enjoyable Social Experience
Delivering an enriched and balanced social experience through structured, fun activities and free interaction
Social Skill Development
Promoting friendships and improving communication skills to help strengthen social and interpersonal connections
Encouraging self-discovery and empowering youths to step out of their comfort zones
Parent and Caregiver Support
Providing respite, a support network, and assurance of a safe environment for youths
Register for the Program
If this program sounds right for you and your loved one, sign up to secure your seat (no waiting list)!
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to build connections and experience personal growth within a nurturing community. Our team is here to support and empower all participants towards long-term well-being and success.
$330 per participant2
October 16 – December 11, 2023
Mondays, 6:00–8:00 PM ET
The deadline for registration is October 11.Register Now
- Dates and weeks are subject to change with respect to public holidays or scheduling conflicts.
- Additional costs will be applied for community activities.
- Fostering belonging in a welcoming and inclusive space
- Joining a supportive network of like-minded youths and a team of care professionals
- Engaging in fun activities and free interaction for enriched social experiences
- Promoting valuable, lifelong social and communication skills
- Strengthening social connections through communication and new friendships
- Offering respite and peace of mind in a safe environment
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Attend An Information Session
Learn about Spark’s ABA services and youth support programs to help families and children thrive in a positive home environment.